soniclyspeaking

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

monday, monday. so good to me.

as i was leaving my house this morning, i turned on my ipod, and the first song was 'happy' by the rolling stones. "what a perfect first song of the morning!" i thought to myself, and decided that this should be a day that i avoid hitting the skip button and take whatever my ipod gives me (on a normal day, i will skip forward until i hear 'regret', or 'woodstock', or whatever song i have decided is my favourite of the day). my dear sadie (that's my ipod's name) gave me a perfect commute mix, and it was mostly stuff i wouldn't have chosen myself:

Happy - The Rolling Stones
12:51 - The Strokes
Trains & Boats & Planes - Dionne Warwick
Coping - Blur
How Soon - Martha Wainwright
Rock This Town - Daniel Johnson
In This Home On Ice - Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah
Not Wasting Time - Richard Swift
Bad Reputation - Joan Jett & the Blackhearts
Dream a Little Dream - Mama Cass
Horses in my Dreams - PJ Harvey
Fuck the People - The Kills
Lazy So & So - Vic Godard
Ny Batteri - Sigur Ros

in between the mama cass and the pj harvey was the only song that i skipped - country house by blur. i could go the rest of my life without hearing that song, and i would be quite happy. it has since been removed from my ipod.*
and yes, i'm a nerd and i wrote them all down...it's a long transit ride, and i get bored!
anyhow, maybe i'll get to hear just as much magic tomorrow!



*(funny that, though. i was so into blur in high school - and i happened to be in scotland at the time - that i bought the single for country house the week it came out to say a big 'fuck you' to oasis. i still really dislike oasis, but will wholeheartedly admit that roll with it is the better song.)

1 Comments:

  • At 6:57 p.m., Blogger Sam said…

    Hooray for your re-return to the blogosphere!
    Hooray for Music!
    Hooray for Heather!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home