soniclyspeaking

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

marketing genius!

it is now less than a week 'til christmas, and as such i spent my whole weekend out buying christmas presents. sam needed to buy a gift for his niece, so i suggested we go into valhalla because on top of being a card shop, it also has fab toys and children's books. sam successfully bought a toy character from 'where the wild things are', and, more relevantly to this here blog, i stumbled across this.

anyone that knows me knows that i am a pack rat (one of my friends found an x-ray of my teeth on a recent visit to my house among with my collection of tapes of early 90's music videos i store beneath my fish tank). some of the most important things i never throw out are my concert tickets.

since i bought the genius 'ticket stub diary' yesterday afternoon, i have spent all of my free time at home hunting through boxes and bags and drawers for all of my ticket stubs. i have so far found 57, including tickets for the cancelled '98 belle & sebastian gig that i was too lazy to get a refund for. as of right now, i have tickets from every year from 2000 onward, which was when i moved back to toronto permanently, so i think i have most from that time period. i have never purposefully thrown out a concert ticket (the only ones i know for sure are gone are from summer '97 to summer '98, when i lost my wallet. surprisingly, the niagara regional police got hold of my wallet 4 years later - minus the cash, of course - but my dad threw out everything paper that was in it before getting it back to me as he said it smelled, ah well), so with a little digging in the bottom of boxes in the back of my closet, i should be able to find everything back as far as '94. wheee! i'm looking forward to the hunt!

of course, while i'm searching for tickets, an awful lot of other stuff i should be doing just isn't getting done, such as wrapping presents, writing the last of my christmas cards that just won't get to their destination before christmas, and cleaning in preparation for my christmas houseguests that are arriving tomorrow evening.

now i'm wondering who of my friends is as anal about saving tickets as i am. hmmm...

1 Comments:

  • At 11:55 a.m., Blogger nicole said…

    Heather! I just found your blog now! And you haven't updated it in months! But I wanted to tell you that tomorrow I will be looking for that ticket stub diary because I, too, have a box FULL of them! I have my cancelled Belle & Sebastian show ticket too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home